City of Abilene Holiday Closures & Operations
The majority of City of Abilene offices and service centers will close Monday, December 24th, and Tuesday, December 25th for the Christmas holiday. Abilene Police, Fire, and those providing life safety services will be in operation.
Closed Monday and Tuesday:
- City Hall
- Public Health District
- Convention Center
- Development Corporation of Abilene
- Airport Administration Office
- Recreation & Senior Citizen Centers
- Animal Shelter
- Police & Fire Administration Offices
- Solid Waste Services offices closed*
- Environmental Recycling Center, Brush Center, & Citizens Convenience Center
- Municipal Court – citations due Dec. 24 or 25 will be due Wednesday, Dec. 26 with no penalty
- Mockingbird Library
- Main Library
Closed Tuesday only:
- Abilene Zoo
- South Branch Library at the Mall of Abilene
- Water Services Center at 701 E. Hwy 80
- Monday, Christmas Eve – Saturday route service, no evening service
- Tuesday, Christmas Day – closed, no service
*Trash collection: residential & commercial routes will run on regular schedule Monday, no trash pick-up Tuesday.
For water emergencies, call the water hotline 325.676.6000 at any time.
For animal related emergencies, contact Abilene Police at 325.673.8331.