Most City of Abilene Offices Will Close for Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
The majority of City of Abilene offices and service centers will close Monday, January 21, 2019, in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. Abilene Police, Fire, and those providing life safety services will be in operation.
- City Hall
- Public Health District
- Convention Center Offices
- Development Corporation of Abilene
- Airport Administration Office
- Recreation & Senior Citizen Centers
- Animal Shelter
- Police & Fire Administration Offices
- Solid Waste Services Offices
- Environmental Recycling Center, Brush Center, & Citizens Convenience Center
- Municipal Court – citations due Monday, January 21 will be due January 22 with no penalty
- Mockingbird Library
- Main Library
- Residential – no pick-up, resume regular schedule Tuesday, January 22
- Commercial – will run on regular schedule
- Will run on regular schedule
The South Branch Library at the Mall of Abilene will be open regular hours.
The Water Services Center at 701 E. Hwy 80 will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For water emergencies, call the water hotline 325.676.6000 at any time.
For animal related emergencies, contact Abilene Police at 325.673.8331.