Citizens Encouraged to Share Ideas for Neighborhood Improvement at Upcoming Community Meetings
The City of Abilene’s Office of Neighborhood Services would like to encourage citizens to attend any of several upcoming community meetings to discuss the needs of their neighborhood, and help in the development of its 2019 Action Plan.
The Office of Neighborhood Services will be following the 2019 Action Plan to invest funds provided through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and make improvements to Abilene neighborhoods in which at least 51% of households qualify as low or moderate income.
CDBG funding will amount to approximately $800,000 for the year, and Abilene City Manager Robert Hanna has asked the Office of Neighborhood Services to focus the use of CDBG funds on neighborhood redevelopment.
Citizens are encouraged to attend the upcoming public meetings to share their ideas and comments on the 2019 Action Plan:
- Thursday, March 7: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m., Grace Methodist Church, 1402 Grape St.
- Monday, March 18: 7:00 – 8:00 p.m., CCC North Park, 2701 Hickory St.
- Thursday, March 21: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., Rose Park Senior Center, 2605 S. 7 th
- Tuesday, March 26: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., The Church/Center, 650 Corsicana St.
- Thursday, March 28: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m., Cobb Park Recreation Center, 2302 State St.
- Monday, April 8: 7:00 – 8:00 p.m., CCC College Heights, 1518 Orange St.
There are also two public hearings to discuss the 2019 Action Plan:
- Tuesday, March 5: 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., Abilene Taylor County Public Health District
- Thursday, July 25: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m., Abilene City Hall, City Council Chambers