Summer 2019 Holiday Closures for City Offices
The majority of City of Abilene offices and service centers will close May 27th, July 4th, and September 2nd in observance of the Memorial, Independence, and Labor Day holidays. Abilene Police, Fire, and those providing life safety services will be in operation.
Closed 5/27, 7/4, and 9/2:
- City Hall
- Public Health District
- Convention Center Offices
- Development Corporation of Abilene
- Airport Administration Office
- Recreation & Senior Citizen Centers
- Animal Shelter
- Police & Fire Administration Offices
- Solid Waste Services Offices
- Environmental Recycling Center, Brush Center, & Citizens Convenience Center
- Municipal Court – citations will be due the next business day with no penalty
- Mockingbird Library
- Main Library
- Residential – will run on regular schedule
- Commercial – will run on regular schedule
- No service
The South Branch Library at the Mall of Abilene will open regular hours.
Adventure Cove & splash pads will open regular hours.
Abilene Zoo will be open regular hours, but close at 3 p.m. July 4th.
The Water Services Center at 701 E. Hwy 80 will open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For water emergencies, call the water hotline 325.676.6000 at any time.
For animal related emergencies, contact Abilene Police at 325.673.8331.