This event is designed to bring awareness to emergency preparedness and the measures taken to plan for, respond to, and recover from disasters and other public health emergencies. Featured will be emergency preparedness demonstrations, activity booths, giveaways and health emergency keynote speakers.
The Art of Response:
Zombie Preparedness Artwalk
ARE YOU PREPARED?Thank you for a great Zombie Artwalk!
The Abilene-Taylor County Public Health District and Center for Contemporary Arts has coordinated with local, regional and state agencies to bring the citizens of Abilene and the West Texas community “The Art of Response: Zombie Preparedness.” This event will focus on emergency preparedness and feature a response scenario to a fictional outbreak to a fictional pathogen known as “Abithraxis”. Come dressed as a zombie and see what capabilities your emergency community has in place to battle against an outbreak firsthand. Attendees will be able to participate in this exercise and receive the lifesaving medicine that will cure or keep you from becoming a Zombie!
Preparedness info can be found at TexasPrepares.org*
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides infrastructure on Zombie preparedness that first began as a tongue-in-cheek campaign to engage new audiences with preparedness messages. This campaign has proven to be a very effective platform and continues to reach and engage a wide variety of audiences on all hazards preparedness via “zombie preparedness”.
- Texas Department of Emergency Management (TDEM)
- Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- Hendrick Hospital
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- United Way
- Dyess AFB
- Big Country Medical Reserve Corps
- Greater Abilene Medical Reserve Corps
- American Red Cross
- City of Abilene Office of Emergency Management
- City of Abilene Police
- City of Abilene Fire
- Center for Contemporary Arts
- West Central Texas Council of Governments (WCTCOG)
- Dallas County Health and Human Services
- Abilene-Taylor County Public Health Emergency Preparedness