Parks-RedBud Banner

How Do I...

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

General Questions

  • You can make donations through joining Parks Bucks by adding $1 to your water bill, or create recurring or one time donation at

  • Check, Cash, Credit Cards - VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.


  • Nelson, Stevenson, and Scarborough splash pads will open in April and close in October. Sears Splash and Redbud Splash are scheduled to open in 2018.

  • 2 and under is free, $4 for under 48 inches, $6 for over 48 inches, and $7.00 for adult 18 and over. See more on Adventure Cove's page.

  • Visit Abilene Bond Program Prop 7 for more information & progress on Red Bud and Sears Splash pads!


  • Registrations can be done from any device at or use the MyAbi app on your mobile device.

  • Registration for summer camp begins in March.  Registration for the After School program begins in July.

  • The City of Abilene offers both adult and youth sports.  Additional league resources can be found at AYSA, West Texas Youth Football League, Abilene Slowpitch Softball Association, Key City Hockey Association, Abilene Rugby Club, Pioneer Drive Baptist Church, First Baptist Church.

  • You must cancel your registration within the first 3 days of the activity start date.
  • The City of Abilene does offer scholarships for Winter Break Camp, Spring Break Camp, and Summer Camp.  Availability is limited.

Senior Services

  • To discover information regarding Senior Services Division, please visit

Facilities & Rental

  • Sears Recreation Center is located at 2250 Ambler, Cobb Recreation Center is located at 2302 State Street, Rose Recreation Center is located at 2605 South 7th, and Daniels Recreation Center is located at 541 North 8th.
  • Yes, we offer 2 Activity Buildings, 4 Recreation Centers, the Aquatic Center (Adventure Cove) and Festival Gardens- which is 100% outdoors.  

  • Reservations for our facilities are done in person at the Community Services office, located at 633 Walnut, or online at

  • The park pavilions and Rose Park Amphitheater will be open for reservations, beginning in 2017.  You can locate a pavilion at

  • Yes with a valid bounce house permit from the Parks Division.  No water or splash inflatables are allowed.

  • A 14 day notice I required in order to cancel or transfer a reservation. There will be a $5.00 charge for canceling or transferring a reservation.


  • Park hours are 5:30am to Midnight.
  • The City of Abilene prohibits the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages inside any buildings, facilities, and parks (Section22-2) Violations could result in fines, penalties, and/or arrests. Use of alcoholic beverages at Festival Gardens is allowed under certain provisions. Call 325-676-6217 or email us at for more information.

  • Parking on the grass at any of the Parks is prohibited.  (Section 22-13)

  • The City of Abilene buildings, facilities and parks are “Smoke Free” areas (Ordinance #41-2014). Violations could result in fines, penalties and/or arrests.

  • Yes. Please be courteous of other park patrons, remember to be safe when conditions are windy, and dispose of coals properly after they have cooled.  No grills within 100 feet of splash pads, playgrounds or other public activity areas.  Trailer mounted grills must be parked in a marked parking space in the parking lot.  No vehicles anywhere other than improved roads or parking lots.

  • Per Section 22-8, no person shall build any fire in any park area except in a proper container, which container shall be so constructed that it will not damage any park property, including grass, or will not be apt to cause the spread of fire.

  • Per section 22-7, no person shall operate, manipulate, fly or cause to be operated, manipulated or flown any model airplane with a motor driven propeller in the public parks of the city, except in areas designated for such activity by the Director of Community Services.  Contact the Abilene RC Society* for information about requirements for flying at Seabee Park which is Abilene Parks only designated area for such activity.
  • Yes, all waters within our park boundaries are considered public waters and fishing is allowed.  There are restrictions in some areas to allow for boat traffic and other activities for safety reasons.  Any person actively trying to capture fish must have a valid fishing license issued from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.  State fishing guidelines must also be adhered to when fish are taken from public waters.  Please see Texas Parks & Wildlife* for more information.

  • Arthur Sears Park- 0.39 Miles

    Grover Nelson Park-0.97 Miles

    Oscar Rose Park- 0.47 Miles

    Red Bud Park- 1.51 Miles

    Abilene State Park (Elm Creek Trail)- 1 Mile

    Abilene State Park (Eagle Trail)- 0.25 Miles


  • Please call 325-676-6094 for more information about available plots.  The public can access information about current burials here as well.

  • $750.00 for Adult, $300.00 for Infants, $300.00 for Cremains, $1,200.00 for a New Space with two rights-of-internment, $500.00 for a Pre-Owned space for 2nd right-of-internment.

Have a question not listed here? Contact us and we will help you!
(325) 676-6217

*You are leaving the City of Abilene pages. The City is not responsible for any content on linked websites. Visitors to externally linked sites are advised to use caution when using external sites.