If you are fortunate enough to find your lost pet, please consider a microchiping your pet.
Looking for your pet? Check the new arrivals at the shelter and scroll through the photos of animals that are in our shelter right now.
Abilene Animal Services wants to help all animals find their way back home. If you have lost or found a pet, please read the following information.
- Bring the animal to the Animal Shelter to be scanned for a microchip or take animal to closet Veterinary Clinic to be scanned.
- If you are unable to transport the animal or feel that to do so may endanger your safety, you can call Animal Services to pick-up the animal from you at no charge.
- If you choose to shelter the animal yourself, please email information and a photo to Abilene.Animalservice@abilenetx.gov
- Reports are held for 30 days then removed. After 30 days, you may fill out another report if the owner has not been found.
- Advertise in local newspapers and be sure to read the "Lost" ads.
Email information and a photo to Abilene.Animalservice@abilenetx.gov
If you would like to submit a picture, which is highly recommended, be sure to include your e-mail address so that an attendant may contact you. If you find your pet or the owner, please let us know so we may cancel your report.
- If you saw the animal on our website please email Abilene.Animalservice@abilenetx.gov or call 325-698-0085 and give your name, number, address and the Animal's ID number from the website.
- You must have valid government issued ID to reclaim your animal.
- All animals reclaimed will receive a microchip, and we will charge a $15 fee.
Any Medical Services provide to the animal while in custody of Animal Services must be paid in full before animal is released back to the owner.
These fees do not represent any fee amount of a citation in which an Animal Services officer may issue at their discretion for violations your animal has done.