On September 6, 2018, food establishments with an outdoor patio may allow dogs to be present in the outdoor patio once the establishment obtains a variance and complies with the following conditions and standards stated in Ordinance 46-2018.
Restaurant Owners - Download the Dog Variance Application
- Dogs are only allowed on the patios of restaurants that have obtained this variance (see the restaurant list below).
- Dogs and their owners must use the outdoor entrance to the patio and must not enter inside the restaurant.
- No food preparation can occur on the patio except for refilling a beverage.
- Dog waste must be cleaned within 5 minutes and disposed of outside of the restaurant and patio.
- Wait staff and food handlers must not pet the dogs.
- Dogs are not allowed in laps, seats, counters, or tables.
- Dogs cannot be fed on the patio, but can be given water in disposable containers.
- Dogs must be wearing a collar with current rabies vaccination tags.
- Dogs must be on leash or at heel.
Restaurants with Dog-Friendly Patios
Sharon's BBQ South