Inform. Inspect. Improve.

The mission of Code Compliance is to educate the public and gain citizen compliance on health, safety, and quality of life issues. The City of Abilene residents need and deserve to live in a safe and healthy environment. Code Compliance is responsible for enforcing city ordinances. The division is authorized to pursue criminal and civil remedies to abate nuisances for the purpose of maintaining a safe, sanitary and clean city.

Check Violation Status*

Note: Nuisance includes high weeds, off-street parking, unsightly conditions, falling fences, etc. 

Code Violations

Grass & Weeds Over 12 Inches
Junk, Trash, Debris & Abandoned Materials
Vehicle Parked on Unimproved Surface
Dilapidated Fence
Dead Tree
Dilapidated Structure/Building
Obnoxious Odors
Vehicle with Expired Plates & Inoperable


Code Enforcement FAQs
Code Compliance Officers

Report Violation

*You are leaving the City of Abilene pages. The City is not responsible for any content on linked websites. Visitors to externally linked sites are advised to use caution when using external sites.