The office of Land Management has several functions, including:
- Oversees acquisition and disposition of property in conjunction with approved Bond Election Funds, Capital Improvement Projects, and special City projects.
- Advises on appropriate property acquisition methods for proposed projects, makes recommendations of value, and provides cost estimates of acquiring property and right-of-way.
- Obtains easements and right-of-way for construction projects.
- Plans, coordinates, and carries out all phases of the acquisition and disposal of City-owned property.
- Manages all agricultural, commercial, residential and recreational lease agreements on Cityowned property.
- Reviews and processes all oil and gas drilling permit applications, and monitors oil and gas operations within the City limits to ensure their compliance with the City’s Oil and Gas Ordinance.
- Manages all City owned mineral interests on City owned lands. Manages the process of leasing City-owned mineral interests.
- Manages the City’s Lake Fort Phantom Lot Sales Project. Manages all Lake Fort Phantom lot lease agreements.
- Performs due diligence on purchases and sales of City property.
- Provides opinions of value on City property interests.
- Performs title searches and review.
- Maintains the City’s Deed and Easement records.
- Answers public inquiries regarding City owned properties and easements, purchasing property from and selling property to the City, donating property to the City, and City owned properties available for sale or lease.
Land Manager phone number: 325-676-6491
Land Specialist phone number: 325-676-6312