Street lights in Abilene are maintained by the following entities: the City of Abilene, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), American Electric Power (AEP), and Taylor Electric Cooperative.
Taylor Electric Cooperative
325-793-8500Taylor Electric Cooperative owns and maintains street lights at a limited number of locations in Abilene. The locations are listed below. To report a problem with one of these street lights, call 325-793-8500.
- On the north side of Antilley Road from just west of Buffalo Gap Road to just west of Twin Oaks Drive
- On the streets in the Lone Star Ranch subdivision
- Coyote Run
- Lone Star Drive
- Lonesome Dove Trail
- Turkey Run
- On the streets in the Skyline Estates subdivision
- Moonlight Drive
- Starlight Drive
- Suncrest Drive
- Skyline Drive
- At the intersection of Rebecca Lane and Southwest Drive
City of Abilene
The City of Abilene maintains two groups of street lights.
- The City maintains 61 street lights that are mounted on top of traffic signal mast arm poles. Click here for a list of City-maintained lights.
- The City maintains 360 State-owned street lights on the main lanes of the Winters Freeway ( US 83). These lights are located from just south of the IH 20 interchange to just north of the Loop 322 interchange (at the southbound exit ramp to Loop 322). Most of these lights are located in the median between the main lanes. However, some (primarily at overpass structures) are located on the outside edge of the main lanes. For repairs of street lights maintained by the City of Abilene, please call 325-676-6489.
800-55-TxDOT (800-558-9368)The Texas Department of Transportation maintains some street lights on its facilities inside the City limits. These lights are primarily at junctures of system components, (e.g., intersections and ramp terminals). They also maintain the street lights on the Winters Freeway that are not maintained by the City.
TxDOT has a toll free customer complaint line. You can contact the TxDOT district office nearest you by dialing 800-55TxDOT (800-558-9368) Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. There are 25 district offices located around the state to serve the citizens of Texas