Senior Services are reopening their doors on Monday, April 5th. For those 55 and older, come visit Rose Park Senior Activity Center, Cobb Recreation Center, GV Daniels Recreation, or Sears Recreation Center for fun activities, good company, and delicious lunches!
The City of Abilene Senior Services Division provides excellent Recreational and Social opportunities for senior citizens of Abilene and surrounding areas. Participants can enjoy a wide variety of activities and services which includes fitness classes, lunch program, educational opportunities, and more.
The City of Abilene has four Senior Centers for senior citizens ages 55 and older or the spouse of someone that age:
A nutritious lunch is served Monday through Friday. For those who are 60 and older, each meal will cost $2.00. For seniors who are under the age of 60, meals will cost $3.50 each.
To view the April Lunch Menu, click here.
Each of the four Senior Centers offer a variety of recreational activities that include card games, dance classes, field trips, educational opportunities, and more.
Thursday Night Dances
Dances are held Thursday night at Rose Park Senior Activity Center, located at:
2625 S 7th Street
Abilene, TX 79605
Dances start at 7 pm and are open to anyone 55 and older. The cost is $5 per person.
- 1st Thursday - Moonlight Bandits
- 2nd Thursday - The Last Dance Band
- 3rd Thursday - Midnight Blue
- 4th Thursday - Harmony Creek Cowboys
- 5th Thursday - Open
Fitness & Health Related Activities
The City of Abilene Senior Services Division offers a variety of fitness classes for Active Adults. These classes are led by senior volunteers and designed for Senior Citizens.
Senior Activity Center
- Cornerstone Award - City of Abilene Senior Services Division
- Outstanding Corporate Partner Award - Abilene Regional Medical Center
- Outstanding Corporate Partner Award - Angels Care Home Health
- Outstanding Corporate Partner Award - Wisteria Retirement Living
- Outstanding Professional Award - Janet Whisenhunt
- Outstanding Program Award - City of Abilene Senior Services Division
- TRAPS Leisure and Aging Award - Outstanding Staff - Julie Sartor
See photos of these groups accepting their awards in the Photo Gallery.