We have the versatility to host your event, and the friendliest staff to make it happen. From conventions to weddings, musicals to trade shows, and everything in between, the Abilene Convention Center is here to make your dream event a reality!
The Abilene Convention Center was built with bond funds approved by voters in 1967, and officially opened on November 21, 1970. The north wing (conference center) expansion was completed in 1990, and other building improvements were funded through the 2015 bond package. In June of 2017, the Adamson-Spalding Storybook Garden was opened on the Convention Center's east side exterior grounds.
The Convention Center staff is grateful to provide premium gathering spaces for events and conventions of all kinds. Please contact us today to learn how we can help you plan, host, or attend your next event here!
- 100,000 square feet (Auditorium, Foyer, Exhibit Hall, Kitchen, Small Meeting Rooms and Offices)
- Completed: November 1970
- Cost: $3,488,864
- Funding: General Obligation Bond, 1967
Conference Center Addition
- 30,000 square feet (Conference Center, Service Alley, Kitchen and Upstairs Conference Room)
- Completed: October 1990
- Cost: $3,150,000
- Funding: Tax Increment Financing
Convention Center Recent Improvements
2015 Year End Funding
- Conference Center Replacement of Sound System
- Main Foyer – (1) Terrazzo floor and Staircase Repairs (2) Electrical Upgrades
- Cost: $230,000
2015 City of Abilene Bond Program
- Exhibit Hall renovations included, new lighting features, new ceiling and ceiling tiles, state of the art sound system, repainting the walls, polish and staining the concrete floors, kitchen rehab, and new food service entrance.
- Auditorium renovations included, equipping the Auditorium with a motorized fly system to move curtains, lights and theater set pieces.
- Completed: August 2016
- Cost: $2,810,000
Capital Improvement Projects
- Replacement of Auditorium Sound System
- Installation of Acoustical Treatment in the Auditorium
- Replacement of Ceiling Tiles, Vent Grills and Lighting Upgrade for the Auditorium Lobby
- Completed: September 2018
- Cost: $1,083,850