Payments may be made in one of the following ways:
- Online at payabilene.com
- By calling (800) 444-1187
- By dropping off payment
- Municipal Court (4574 S. 1st) Drop Slot at front door
- City Hall (555 Walnut) Drop Box on North 5th street
You may appear in court by mail, fax, or by dropoff.
The City of Abilene Municipal Court
is a non-court of record and is the Judicial Branch of the city government. The Abilene Municipal Court conducts adult and teen court hearings and is dedicated to providing to all citizens, other departments and entities a fair independent, and impartial forum for handling fine only cases arising within the City limits of Abilene. The Municipal Court follows the procedures set forth under Texas Law and provides all persons the right to trial by judge or jury. Although every person has the right to be represented by an attorney, most citizens who appear in municipal courts represent themselves.
Please note: The court does not provide or give legal advice.
A telephone call does not constitute an appearance. Continuances are not granted by phone. Appearance and Continuances may be done by mail, by fax, or in person.
You are able to make payments using one of the following methods:
- Cash - In person at the court. Please do not send cash through the mail
- Check/money order
- Credit Card - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
Please be aware that a service fee will be charged for the use of a credit card. Service fees include:
- Online (5% fee, minimum fee $2.95)
- Phone (6.5% fee, minimum fee $3.95)
Pay online or pay by phone at 800-444-1187.