ATCPHD offices have been temporarily relocated to the northeast entrance of City Hall at 555 Walnut. Please call (325) 692-5600 to connect with staff.
Park in the back of City Hall and use the doors on the right side.
About the Health Department
The Public Health Department includes the Abilene Taylor-County Public Health District and is the community’s source for health management and maintenance, whether it’s personal health or environmental health. Their goal is to keep Abilene healthy and happy through their services.
To protect and promote the health of all in Abilene and Taylor County through research, advocacy, and services that prevent disease and enhance the well-being of the community and the environment in which they live.
Partnering with the community, we will create an environment where all have the opportunity to improve their health and quality of life.
- Collaboration: We collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to promote community health and prevent disease.
- Innovation: We effectively use evidence-based strategies and best practices to advance public health.
- Integrity: We serve with accountability and consistency to build community trust.
- Professionalism: We exemplify professionalism through respect, excellence, and teamwork.
- Quality: We provide exceptional, valuable services for our community.