The Board shall be comprised of seven voting members, who will be appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by an affirmative vote of at least four members of the City Council. All voting members of the board shall be residents of the City of Abilene.
Director of Public Works
The Director of Public Works for the City of Abilene, shall be an ex officio, non-voting member of the Board and may act in an advisory capacity to the Board.
The Board shall:
- Advise the Director of Public Works, as may be necessary from time to time, to identify and determine the sequencing of street maintenance projects, and thoroughfare alignments
- Recommend a list of projects for funding to the City Manager for incorporation into the city's annual budget
- Advise the Director of Public Works in determining accountability criteria to measure the performance of the City's street maintenance program
- Submit an accountability report to the City Council on an annual basis
- In the event the City Council adopts a Street Maintenance Fee, serve as a final appeals board for any land use category classification disputes arising from the administration of the street maintenance fee program
- Aid the Director of Public Works in establishing new land use categories, amending land use categories, and determining trip factors based on the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Trip generation Manual 9th Edition to the same
The Board shall follow the Rules of Procedure adopted by the City Council, as applicable, for its rules of procedure.