Report a Crime
File a Police Report
Welcome to the Abilene Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- If this is an emergency, please call 911 immediately. Do not report an emergency situation online.
- Did this incident occur within the city limits of Abilene, Texas? If ’yes’ then report online. If ’no’ then report to the appropriate agency.
Types of Incidents to Report
- Burglary of a Building
- Burglary of a Coin Operated Machine
- Burglary of a Motor Vehicle
- Criminal Mischief
- Criminal Trespass
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin. If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Abilene Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 325-673-8331) to file your report.
After filing a Report
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.