School has started, Fall is just around the corner, and today is when your library will switch back to our regular storytime schedule. Storytimes are a staple part of the library programming for youth and local families, and our youth department staff work hard to offer a wide range of storytime offerings to cover all ages.
What better way is there to develop a love of reading and literacy at an early age than through storytime offerings at your library. It’s a great way to be introduced to a wealth of stories available for checkout at your library, plus be exposed to great songs, rhymes, fingerplays, puppets (on occasion) and more to delight guests.
We’re happy to bring back our regular storytime schedule, running through the school month’s. You’ll see many familiar program offerings, and a few new ones too. Remember, all programs listed are done so on a weekly basis. There’s no need to register, simply come out and take advantage of them.
Main Library Schedule
- Ready to Learn | Tuesdays at 2:30PM for Ages 5-6 | Designed for youth as a storytime focused on gaining school skills. Highly structured, this program will be of great benefit for those just about to enter school for the first time. Will run until October 12.
- Toddler Time | Wednesdays at 11:00AM for Ages 2-3 | For youth ready for longer stories to help prepare them for all regular programming at the library. Parents are required to remain with their kids.
- Mother Goose on the Loose | Thursdays at 11:00AM for Ages 0-3 | Based on an award-winning literacy program utilizing a variety of activities such as rhymes, puppets, and songs.
South Branch Library Schedule
- Baby Steps | Tuesdays at 10:30AM for Ages 0-1 | For infants and their caregivers, designed for interactive discovery and play including stories, activities, and stimuli of all kinds.
- Wiggles & Giggles | Tuesdays at 11:00AM for Ages 1-3 | Join us for a fun and educational program combining music, dance, and rhythm with structured learning. Children will develop confidence, coordination, and social skills while expressing themselves in a relaxed environment.
- Preschool Storytime | Wednesdays at 11:00AM for Ages 3-6 | Listen to stories, join in fingerplays, sing, and watch other visual presentations.
- Toddler Time | Thursdays at 11:00AM for Ages 2-3 | For youth ready for longer stories to help prepare them for all regular programming at the library. Parents are required to remain with their kids.
Mockingbird Branch Library Schedule
- Play & Learn | Mondays at 9:30AM for Ages 0-3 | Engage in one of the latest library trends in a program offering sensory play for children to help develop and refine the use of their senses.
- Toddler Time | Mondays at 10:00AM for Ages 1-2 | For youth ready for longer stories to help prepare them for all regular library programming. Parents are required to remain with their kids.
- Preschool Storytime: Tuesdays at 10:15AM for Ages 3-6 | Listen to stories, join in fingerplays, sing, and watch puppets and other visual presentations.