Are You Called to Serve?
The Abilene Fire Department is ow accepting applications for entry-level firefighters
CERTIFIED & NON-CERTIFIED
The Abilene Fire Department is committed to providing the highest level of public safety services to our community. We protect lives and property through fire suppression, emergency medical services, hazardous material mitigation, fire prevention and public education. The Abilene Fire Department operates from 8 fire stations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start date
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Good moral character
- Good driving record
- Pass drug test, medical, & psychological exams
- No Experience Required
- Full-Time Shift Work
- 11 Paid Holidays, 15 Paid Vacation Days & 15 Paid Sick Days Per Year
- Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance Plans
- Certification Pay
- Education Pay
- Longevity Pay
- Application Deadline: August 20, 2023
- Written Exam: August 26, 2023
- Physical Ability Test: August 26 & 27 or September 1 & 9, 2023
- Start Date: January 2024
Apply Today at abilenetx.gov/jobs
Physical Ability Test
Successful candidates will be required to attend and graduate a state approved fire training academy conducted by the Abilene Fire Department and complete the Emergency Medical Technician basic course within the first 6 months of employment.
The Abilene Fire Department will be providing practice days for the Physical Ability Test (PAT). Applicants can attend any of these dates and times listed below to practice any and all aspects of the PAT.
- July 14th - 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- July 15th - 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- August 5th - 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- August 11th - 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m
Address: 4242 E Lake Rd, Abilene, TX 79601