Monday, May 18, the Main Library and South Branch locations will open their doors to the public. We appreciate everyone who has taken advantage of our digital services during our COVID-19 closure, but now you’ll have the opportunity to return to the library for basic services. The Mockingbird Branch Library will remain closed during our first phase of opening, and the remaining locations will open on a reduced hours schedule.
Also during this time you will notice additional changes when you visit the library including:
- We will be limited the number of people who can access the library at a certain time.
- Guests will get one (1) PC user per day.
- Access to areas of the library will be limited.
- No programming will be hosted at the library.
- We’re asking visitors to limit their time at the library to 90-minutes.
To get a look at these changes, we’ve created a short video as part of our Inside the Library series, and it will explain more about the process. Please note that this will not be the "new normal" for the long run. As time progresses, we will continue to add hours and services until we are back to the way you remember the Abilene Public Library.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period, and we can’t wait to see you back at the library again!