As of March 15, 2021, 1C Individuals will be added to the list of persons eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine
- 1A Individuals
- Direct Care: Hospital, Long-Term Care, EMS 9-1-1, Home Health, Outpatient, ER/Urgent Care, Pharmacies, Last Responders, School Nurses
- Long-Term Care: Residents of Long-Term Care Facilities
- 1B Individuals
- Persons 65 and older
- Persons 16 and older with chronic condition*
- *Moderna has been approved for individuals 18 years or older
- 1C Individuals (added 3/15/21)
- Persons 50 to 64 years of age
- Child Care (added 3/3/21)
- Those who work in pre-primary, primary, & secondary schools, as well as Head Start and Early Head Start programs (including teachers, staff, & bus drivers)
- Those who work as or for licensed child care providers, including center-based and family care providers
For more information on Vaccination eligibility, visit the DSHS COVID-19 Website.
If you are eligible for the vaccine, schedule your COVID-19 Vaccine appointment with the Abilene-Taylor County Public Health District online at abilenetx.gov/vaccineschedule, or get more information at abilenetx.gov/vaccineinfo.