How can I request corrections to a birth certificate?

If you need to make corrections to a birth certificate, applications may be obtained from the Vital Statistics office. You will need to:

  • Have the application signed in front of a notary by the attending physician, the parent, an older sister or brother. If the child is a minor, both parents must sign the affidavit.
  • Mail the application with the appropriate fee to Austin, Texas. To determine the cost, visit the Texas Health and Human Services website.

You'll be notified within four to six months about the correction. If you need to add a father's name, you can either file a paternity form or obtain a court order. The forms you need are available at the Vital Statistics office, and our staff is available to assist you. Please call 325-692-5600 to set up an appointment.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need an appointment to receive immunizations at the Health District?
2. Does the Health District investigate communicable diseases?
3. Does the Health District accept credit or debit cards?
4. Does the Health District offer HIV Testing?
5. Does the Health District provide medical care for the uninsured?
6. What are the costs for medical care at the Health District?
7. What family planning services are available at the Health District?
8. How can I get a copy of a birth certificate?
9. How can I request corrections to a birth certificate?
10. How can I get a certified copy of a death certificate?