When is an Itinerant Business Permit required?

An Itinerant Business Permit is required:

  • For the establishment of any business on a temporary basis where the business does not occur in a permanent structure
  • For a business taking place in a structure for which a temporary permit has been obtained
  • In association with another temporary use such as a carnival, fair, parade or festival.

A permit is not required for garage sales in residential zoning districts, businesses that are operated or owned by the same person or entity that owns the property, or businesses that hold a lease term on the property of at least one year. For more information on Itinerant Businesses visit our Applications page. For more information, call the City of Abilene Planning Division at 325-676-6237.

Show All Answers

1. What is public right-of-way and why do we need it?
2. What is the parkway?
3. Who is responsible for maintaining the parkway?
4. What is an easement and why is it necessary?
5. What do I need to do to build a carport in front of my house?
6. Where can I build a fence and what other requirements apply?
7. How close to my property line can I build a shed or other accessory building?
8. Can I run a business out of my home?
9. Where do I find information on setbacks for my property?
10. What if there is no way for me to meet the setback requirements for my property?
11. When do I need to apply for a building permit?
12. When is a plat required?
13. When is a site plan required?
14. What are the rules for holding a garage sale?
15. When is an Itinerant Business Permit required?